Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Saraiki in D.I. Khan

According to Census 2017, about 3.72 percent of the population of KP is Saraiki Speaking. Now considering that 30,523,371 the total number of Saraiki speakers in KP is 1,135,469 (3.72 % of 30,523,371). If those are considered to be entirely living in D.I. Khan district than arond 70% of the population of D.I Khan District is Saraiki, while the remaining is Pashto speaking. However, that is not the case as there are few Saraiki speakers in Tank District as well. Furthermore, many pashto speakers moved to Tank and DI Khan districts due to war on terror etc. 

Therefore, the most realistic assumption is around 60% of DI Khan is Saraiki speaking, while only 10% of Tank District is Saraiki. 

IN DI KHAN DISTRICT: THREE TEHSILES OUT OF FIVE I.E. PANIALA, DARBAN, KULACHI, ARE PASHTO SPEAKING WHILE TWO TEHSILS I.E. DI KHAN & PAHARPOUR ARE SARAIKI MAJORITY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment